once again, a beautiful town
Place of the province of Huesca,
located in the somontano (down-mountain). It has no more than
100 inhabitants and its altitude is of 465 meters on the level of the
sea. It's from Huesca 23 kilometers. The inhabitants are named
Little before arriving to Angüés
-in the middle of somontano oscense -, once past the deviation
of Siétamo, exactly in front of the deviation of Liesa
and Ibieca, the highway leaves (to the right for the traveler
that comes from Huesca). There are two routes to arrive to Blecua:
by Bespén and for Torres del Monte. This last town forms
combined municipality, in such a way that the City council, officially,
is denominated of Blecua-Torres. Another option to go to Blecua,
is by the highway that leads to Ola, Alcalá del Obispo, Fañanás,….
They are walked routes and retraced steps walks and in multiple occasions,
with deep tracks of our history. The distance to the capital is only
of 23 kilometers, as it has been said
The village of Blecua has a mountain
aspect, even when it doesn't really end up being it. It rises on an
hillock parvis, with the contained buildings, very together some of
other, only opening up to open the way to the main street that is the
basic axis of the urban center, although other streets of shorter layout
exist, with faithful names to its situation: High, Lower, Half and the
Raft street. The biggest is given had left double, in street and square.
Santa Ana has also been remembered in the street map.
Some neighbor mentions an underground
spring that is a similar source to of Angüés and that of Ola
which could go by Roman or Moorish. Not there are data that confirm
anyone of the origins, being able to be anyone of them.
Between 1960 and 1970 Torres and
Blecua was united. In all ways, the City council continues being
in Blecua. The place has not lost its "capitality", circumstance
that is had very in bill by the neighbors. In the past, toward 1388,
to the honor of Blecua belonged Ola, Vicién, Fraella and
Callén also. Previously it depended of Montearagón, because
in 1099 the king Pedro I confirmed to this monastery the church
of "Blegua." In some documents of the past the spelling of the
name is changed. Another Aragonese king, Pedro IV, gave to Juan
Fernández de Heredia the place of Blecua, September of 1348,
29; and Elvira Pérez de Bergua had it in 1357. Juan Bautista
Labaña mentioned as Mister of the place, in 1610, to Martin de
There's not doubt that it was a walled
enclosure, because they are vestiges that attest this way. Of the classic
binomial church castle is Santa Ana's hermitage, possibly of
the XIII century, of style late romanesque, with semicircular apse and
ship of two tracts that's covered with canyon vault. Ubieto Arteta
also mentions the San Gregorio's hermitage. The parochial church
is dedicated to Our Mrs. of Asunción. It has plant of Latin cross,
with lateral chapels. The tower is of the XVI century or principles
of the XVII one, and consists of four bodies; the first of seat and
the brick superiors.
Just as it happened in other places of
the area, Blecua depended in the ecclesiastical of the monastery
of Montearagón, until it passed the Huesca bishopric.
There are several parties a year, as some neighbors refer me: May 9,
September 8 and October 24. They also honor Santa Ana, like it
is natural, invocation profusely represented, with street and hermitage.
As other many towns of Altoaragón,
in Blecua that special care is appreciated in the restoration
of its old houses. Work that is impelled those more than the occasions
for descending of "the house" that recover, with the the bigger than
the respects, for their leisure and enjoyment, that family beloved home.
This positive rejuvenescence, in more or smaller measure, is appreciated
in anyone of its beautiful corners, providing a pleasant sensation that
the past is able to be upgraded, perpetuating its memory