the northeast of the city,
a parallel street and inside the wall
The passage of this street, corresponds
with the old layout of a part of the way of round, parallel to the walls.
This street was divided in two sections that received the names of San
Vicente (by the proximity of the square and school of the same name)
and Santa Cruz (by the church of the Seminary). Although in Municipal
ordinances of 1359 it was ordered that the round way was expeditious,
without supported constructions on the walls, it seems to be that there
were them. This zone, is denominated current, like "the stone quarry",
since there they were fragments and stones coming from the old Roman wall,
reused for the construction of new houses, according to habitual practice
of the moorish civilizations..
Until good entered the past century the famous eras of Cascaro
were still conserved, at the end of the street, that they could act -in medieval times- its strategic function for gathering the
cattle or to have cultures at moments of site, and that they were also place of relaxation and physical exercises
of lads of Huesca.
In the beginning of the street, next to the square of the Currency (Plaza de la Moneda), in the sidewalk
of the left, it has been able to see very old and shady walls that corresponded to back part of Encomienda of Temple. It is
zone in which they formed some medioeval' villages' , following the habitual procedure of cession of land by
the great proprietors (high clergy, military orders, noble) so that they settled down and they built their new houses.
So it would be the case of the population of Temple (1154), that they was raised next to the Door Sircata (in front of the church
of San Miguel, at the end of the street); the district of the Doors of Montearagón (1169), that was in front to the Porteta (little door),
not far from the colorful incline that leads to the Episcopal Palace; and next to this one, next to the old shoe store (street
of Palace), the district of García Arcez d'Osca. Today, those polemics lands of "El Temple", are undergone to a frenetic
constructive movement, that it will culminate with the termination of the houses that take to end.
There are justified hopes of which in this first section of the
street an interesting and necessary urban reform is being made.
At the end of the street, next to the tower of the Amparo (Refuge), it was the
Low Quarter, for defense of the Sircata Door that, opened in the wall of stone in front of to the church of San Miguel,
was demolished in 1790 by the Corregidor Andriani. However they are rest of the Door of Montearagón, the popular
Porteta, in front to that was the bar of the same name, once frequented by some "nighthawks".
In century XVII a hermitage dedicated to San Andrés rose in the lands of Cascaro --of the one that is not neither sign--
with the magnificence reason for having found there in 1651 chalice with consecrated hosts that years ago had been
removed of the Cathedral and "sacrilegiously" hidden in the middle of dung of these lands
during the fairs of San Andrés; in the middle of century XIX this small church was demolished.
The street of the Disappointment communicates the square of the Currency
with the street of Joaquí Costa and belongs a the parishes and districts of Santo Domingo and San Martín
(first section) and the Cathedral (rest of the street).