| Colorful place
Next to Montearagón.
Place of the province of Huesca, pertaining
to the municipality of Loporzano. Its altitude is about 607 meters
on the level of the sea. It is11 kilometers from Huesca and its gentilici
The location of Sasa of the Abadiado
is colorful, between vines and olive groves, next to the Ripa
and Prieto streams, in the same center of the old abadiado
(monastery administered by an abbot) of Montearagón, a circumstance
that was worth to it to take its present last name, then until century
XVIII it was well-known like Sasa simply.
It is 11 kilometers from the capital,
and it was path and group of judges of Huesca. It formed City
council in 1834, and 1960 -1970 was united to Loporzano. Although
the church belonged to Montearagón already in century XIII, the
place was of Inés Alonso de Castelnovo the 1 of April of 1387,
and in century XVI of Francisco Mendoza. The population of century
XIII was morisca (person of Spanish Muslim origin who was baptized
as a Christian) in its totality. The barony of Sangarrén showed
seigniory of effective and prolonged way. In the middle of the century
XX it counted on 50 houses, 25 neighbors and 161 persons, and arrived
to reunite the four hundred inhabitants in 1900. Its present census
goes up to around the fiftieth inhabitants.
The urban nucleus is grouped around a
square that presents two levels. Most of the buildings are of century
XIX, constructed with hewn stones, mud-wall and brick.
Some houses are seen sensibly renewed. The parochial church was raised in centuries XVI - XVII and are dedicated to Santa María. It has a single nave with chapels in the lateral sides, covered in its large extent by starred vault. The tower consists of three bodies and chapitel and it is of the same time that the church, although is appraised in it some Romanesque remains, evident test that there was a construction previous on that the present one was built .
Exists a hermitage dedicated to San Vicente
also, that seems to be a relatively recent work, of century XX. It has
rectangular plant and it is covered with vault of "escarzano"
Sasa of the Abadiado celebrates
its celebrations the 23 of May, and the first of that same month and
the 16 of Julio they are travelling to the Virgin of the Vineyard, in
the term of Castilsabás.
The neighbors mention a fountain: the
"Cave fountain" (of the "Queva" say the older persons),
in the that flows mining-medicinal waters, specially indicated for the
diseases of the mouth. Also they refer the characteristic of which these
waters "are cold in summer and hot in Winter"; what can make
think that they are isothermal waters.
They add that those waters open the appetite and that the vegetables watered with them, develop a considerable size.
There is a lineage of the Sasa,
corresponding to young-noble families beening in the town of their last
name and documented from 1626. Their heraldry arms consist of a divided
shield in head of gules, and the rest, of gold, with a smooth one of
"sable" -color black (heraldic term) -.